wsbpel-uc message

Subject: [Fwd: Re: [wsbpel] Attempt to Understand BPEL Multi-Start Behavior]

Everyone,
I was asked by John Evdemon to compile some thoughts regarding the
recent discussions on the list re: BPEL Multi-Start Behavior and a
potential use case.
I believe this would be a good premise for a use case, with some of the
following inputs or parameters:

    * Cases could include (different flows) to show how potential these
      different scenarios technically are applied in a business environment.
    * Take Thatte's suggestion of a potential case: Trade settlement
      example the buy-side and sell-side entities may be up two
      different operations on the same portType.
    * Decide if there could be different paths given the outcome desired
      - not of the technology but of the business case that is being
      realized. We may be able to use the auction environment example
      that has been cited.
    * In this case, multiple receives could occur and be accepted in
      order to make a buy-decision.
    * Variables can vary. Factors could include: Time, maximum number of
      receives, for example Define invoke behavior given variables
    * Determine if you specify eligible for createInstance or whether
      context impacts that.
    * Determine if this could be implemented in the same or separate
      concurrent but related processes - Answer if they are dependent.
    * Determine how is this affected when the process is bound.

These are just a few ideas given what was kicked around on the list.  I
would also add, that this may be a good item to work with implementation
subgroup and perhaps include in one of the scenarios for the showcase
being discussed. Thoughts?