Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Groups - BPEL4WS 1.1 Issues Log May 23.doc uploaded

Edwin,

No confusion on my side.   If two or more players are sharing a common
BPEL process definition - how stable and predictable is this?

I'm looking at XSLT here as an example - perfectly good XSLT code
will work in a compliant processor - but will give erroneous results in
other 'brand X' processors.  This is extremely frustrating
for users - and obviously having a clear spec' with well defined
behaviours is the way out of a potential morass.

A dozen vendors just spent 6 months certifying their ebMS tools
as interoperable.  So the web service interface is not as simple
to align around as it might appear.

SQL would not be an example I'd pick here either, its track record
has been dismal over the last twenty years IMHO - I've got the scars
to prove it  ; -)

DW.
Message text written by INTERNET:edwink@collaxa.com

- We should have interoperability out of the box through Web
  service interfaces (although WS-RM and WS-TX will make things a little
  more complicated.
<