Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Groups - BPEL4WS 1.1 Issues Log May 23.doc uploaded

Edwin,

Good thoughts.

I think 1) can be addressed by not trying to drink the ocean - but
instead isolating BPEL from the wild wild world - by carefully
constraining and specifying those interaction points - in a
neutral way - with perscribe behaviours.  This makes us
master of our own universe - and not dependent on
downstream or upstream systems.

On 2) you had to pick a narrow subset when you implemented,
and test it across three or four implementations.  I think we're
alot smarter than that today - by making the spec' already
layered - see my another email.

Cheers, DW.
Message text written by INTERNET:edwink@collaxa.com

I was trying to make 2 points:

1) BPEL's interoperability is a Web service interoperability problem.

2) Portability on the other side is a true BPEL problem. SQL had some
   of the same portability promisses. It delivered huge value to the
   enterprise while not delivering 100% code portability.

Edwin<