Subject: Re: [wsbpel] A Topic for the F2F?

Burdett, David wrote:

>it to look like a statechart diagram. One may like to have a top-to-bottom
>flow, while another may prefer a left-to-right flow ...<<<
>
>My whole reasoning for wanting to keep some positional information about a
>visual representation of a BPEL definition was that no matter what the
>visual representation was (e.g. any of the ones you suggest) it could be
>preserved when moving the BPEL definition from one development environment
>to another.

I also believe there needs to be a way to keep some positional
information about a visual representation of a BPEL definition. And I
also think the way you do it should be standardized, and would also
prefer to see at least one notation that a significant number of
products can agree to use. (Important to not have just one notation, or
force everyone to use the same notation).

The visual layout is not critical to execution but it's important for
management, and quite frankly it's all about management ;-)

But if you have more than one notation that you have to keep it separate
from the BPEL definition. Otherwise you get into "my process is
different from your process because my box is 2pt higher". If you keep
them separate than the process we are talking about it the same, even
though we may use two different notations to express it. If the notation
language is standardized, and the way in which it references the
BPEL/WSDL/XSDL/other definitions is also standardized, then it becomes
interchangable and interesting.

arkin