Subject: Re: [wsbpel] implicite links of the runtime engine (was: Implicit<sequence> macro)

Eckenfels. Bernd wrote:

>Hello,
>
>while implementing the BPEL4WS specification, I noted a few simplifications, which can be added to the runtime mode:
>
>- implicite flow-start links
>  If the BPEL4WS parser adds links from a flow parent, to all the unlinked activities within, then the process engine does  not have to search all activateable activities, but can just follow the links

I don't see why this would be a simplification. You would have to
determine all the unlinked activities and add an XML element to link
them to the flow, so essentially you're adding redundant information. If
we added that stuff my issue would then be "it's redundant information,
can't we just take it away?"

>- implicite sequence links
>  Instead of a sequence, the engine can simply use a flow, where all sequenced activities are linked together, that way the engine has not to implement two different scope styles

Here I would agree. If the semantics are identical then sequence becomes
a shortcut for a flow.

arkin