Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Human editable BPEL?

We should have this discussion more systematically but in general, neither conversation IDs nor instance IDs are sufficient.  The "multi-start activities" example is one kind of use case, where rendezvous occurs at activation hence before the creation of any instance ID.  Consider also multiway conversations, especially those where A-->B-->C-->A  types of communication loops occur.  What these need are mechanisms for carrying context and "infecting" the right instances with the context -- WS-Coordination has this as a general mechanism.  The scope of such a coordination does not in general coincide with the lifetime of a process instance.  You can think of correlation sets as a "poor man's context" mechanism.  But I agree with the goal of reducing the scope of explicit correlation if possible, but that would mean dependency on some specific context mechanisms for two-way conversations and multi-way coordination.  I would hate to see us create some sort of meta model for context that has to be mapped to concrete coordination layers.  Too much complexity.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Ugo Corda [mailto:UCorda@SeeBeyond.com]
	Sent: Sat 6/14/2003 5:24 PM
	To: Satish Thatte
	Cc: wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org

	That seems to say that you either have conversation IDs at the transport level, or you need message-based correlations. It does not seem to address the case where instanceIDs are used at the application level (e.g. leveraging the WS-Addressing mechanism, as hinted somewhere else in the spec). Am I misreading the paragraph?

	Ugo