Subject: Re: [wsbpel] implicite links of the runtime engine (was: Implicit <sequence> macro)

Message text written by Assaf Arkin

I think at this point in the lifecycle of Web services, WSDL would be a
safe bet to adopt for all our messaging needs ;-)
<<<<

Assaf,

I disagree strongly.

History has shown us that these messaging layers are like
tides.  Last year that, this year this, next year another.

As a BPM engine - you specifically want to be neutral and
agnostic to the messaging layer, and certainly not dependent.

Why are we trying to sell WSDL?  What's their problem?
I think we have enough of our own - without taking on their's
too!!!

And what about all the vendors of good BPM solutions today
that you would like to provide BPEL implementations?  They
have their own messaging layers in installed systems that
are working - they will want to use those in situ.

DW.

p.s. Is WSDL an OASIS standard BTW?