Subject: Re: [wsbpel] implicite links of the runtime engine (was: Implicit <sequence> macro)

Assaf,

There's a very big difference between a model approach,
and the sort of interface specification I'm talking about.

An abstraction layer contains all the programming support
you need - but based around your functional set - not the
necessarily the functional set of the target(s).

This gives you better interoperability - and ability to support
lots of different environments thru one common interface,
and publish bindings which bring you in a wider audience.

Adopting one flavour wholesale is not only a 'cheap fix',
but limits you drastically long term.

Thanks, DW.
Message text written by Assaf Arkin

So my interest in this working group is strictly in providing a language
for the purpose of interoperability, and my implementation would amongst
other things also support this language when it facilitates
interoperability. And that means that models aside, we need to put some
stake in the ground and decide to use some core set of technologies.

Deciding to use WSDL is not a good constraint for a model, but it's a
perfect constraint for a language that deals with interoperability of
Web services.
<