Subject: PICT and BPEL in tandem.

Check out:

http://lsrwww.epfl.ch/%7Epawel/Examples/nomadicpict-programs.html

This is enlightening, along with

http://lsewww.epfl.ch/%7Epawel/nomadicpict.html

If BPEL is a subset of the PICT world - then one has to
understand the needs and requirements.

For example - spawn - makes sense for agent dialogue
examples for psuedo-AI style interactions - but one has
to seriously question - what is the use case for a Business
Process Execution Language where oft times the legal
requirements dictate that there is one-and-only-one
execution path?

Seems to me that we could dramatically simplify our world
if we kept the BPEL focus on Business Processing - and
provided ability to call PICT objects to do all this fancy
theoretical stuff if people need that (my suspicion is that's
in the low 5% of use cases).

That way developers could use BPEL for common business
interactions - and clearly 99% of business stuff is boring
up-and-down interactions - without ever needing to cross
over into pi-calculus land. Whereas, those people needing
this for their exotic applications - can simply use PICT to
build out that component - and interface cleanly to the
BPEL processor via a direct connection (we'd have
to specify that of course).

This would also dramatically simplify interoperability
testing between pure BPEL implementations!!!

DW.