Subject: RE: [wsbpel] PICT and BPEL in tandem.

> This sounds like backend internal processing though - that
> your trading partner really does not care about, or need
> to know about.

Yes, but BPEL is supposed to drive exactly this: your backend.

> If your trading partner does care about it - then they are
> connected or impacted in some way - and therefore
> spawn is the wrong mechanism - since it disconnects
> them from the outcomes of the process.

You do not normally share your process definition with your business partner. Everybody builds his own. You may want to use an abstract process to align the ports, only.

> Therefore I would not expect such spawned items to
> be part of a published business process pattern that
> was externally agreed to.   They could show up
> as local options as ancillary actions.

BPEL4WS is an execution language, it is not good in beeing published (yet).

Greetings
Bernd