Subject: [wsbpel] RE: Requirements and Scope Documents?

John,

I'll support Sid's request +1 !

While we are working on the use cases - the output from the use cases
should be an understanding of the requirements and scope.

Here's the rationale - it appears the technical spec' was completed
without anyone actually deciding the requirements (otherwise we'd
not be having this conversation!!!!) - what we have is a technical
spec' that resulted from the Nike approach - "Just do it", and "oh yeah,
take a look at pi-calculus - we need that too".

Now - we've only be discussing for the past four weeks and counting
if this spec' actually does what its supposed to, is complete, will
address the needs of the intended audience, round and round, on
and on, and on.

We'll NEVER get closure until we have clarity - and much WORSE -
we'll never be able to explain to external parties exactly what this
"thing" is and why.  The charter is only a vague "go build an elephant"
statement - and as I pointed out to Satish - "elephant - includes manatees,
pygmy shrews, mammoths, and more".

Thanks, DW.

Sid,

Why are these documents needed?  What purpose will they serve?

Since we are revising an established specification I'm not sure why a
requirements document is needed.  The charter also defines our scope in
fairly simple terms.

Can someone clarify the need for requirements and scope documents?

Thanks!

JohnE
<