Title: new (non oasis) mailing list for BPEL implementations (Developers, Vendors, Architects)

Hello,

(For the discussion, whether it is good or bad, to have a sub-group dealing with Implementation, Interoperability and proof of concept, or not, I think we might get a discusion started by Diane. At least she announced a email on that topic.)

Independent from that, I would like to introduce you to a new public, open, vendor neutral mailing list for software developers and architects, dealing with implementing and using BPEL engines.

I could have set this list up on company list servers, but since I want to ensure vendor neutral'ness, and I really like the web interface of Yahoo! groups, I used their free service.

If people are too bothered with the web advertisement, we might change that, but for now I think it is the best home.

Everybody is free to join, the list archives are visible for non-members, content is un moderated (as long as it is reasonable in terms of civil manners).

You need to get yourself an Yahoo! ID, if you do not have one already. Note: this does not mean that you need to reserve/use a yahoo email address.

Go to
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wsbpel-dev/

to subscribe or view the list.

I think there is no official liaison between this TC and the mailing list needed, this will allow to avoid problems with any OASIS charter. But on the other hand, on the upcoming discussion on a vendor forum for this TC, I will make sure that my wish for an open non-oasis related community will be heard.

Greetings
Bernd

PS: I would like to have support from one or two additional people from other vendors, to join me in the moderation team (which basically will not mean you have to moderate :) Will accept qualified applicants, where qualification means contribution :)

--
www.seeburger.com - but: speaking for himself