Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 32 - Link Semantics in Event Handlers

I'm against any serialization. It introduces a restriction that is not
needed and in fact can make things just more complicated. Suppose we have
the following definition :

<eventHandlers>

 <onMessage>

</onMessage>

<onAlarm>

</onAlarm>

a message has arrived and is processed by the activity in the onMessage
event handler and the onAlarm is ready to go off. What would we do : wait
with the alarm until the message has been processed ?

I'm confident other people will find other examples where serialization
hurts...

Cheers,

dieter

Dieter Roller
IBM Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
Member IBM Academy of Technology
Phone :                 +49-7031-164476
Fax :                    +49-7031-164890
e-mail                   rol@de.ibm.com

|         |           "Yuzo Fujishima" |
|         |           <fujishima@bc.jp.|
|         |           nec.com>         |
|         |           07/07/2003 07:39 |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |       To:       Francisco Curbera/Watson/IBM@IBMUS                                                                                         |
  |       cc:       <wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>                                                                                              |
  |       Subject:  Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 32 - Link Semantics in Event Handlers                                                                 |

Paco,

I, too, would vote for serialization for the same reason.

Yuzo

<wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>