Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Gotos Considered Harmful?

    I afraid we may be reasoning by anology here. Cycles in a process
graph may "smell" like gotos to those of  us steeped in the lore of
 software engineering, but to a business analyst they are a natural,
necessary construct. They describe how real business processes work.

    Trying to impose "fashionable" structured software concepts on
another domain sounds like a  questionable exercise, if the objective is
to model the business process at a high level. If this is not the
intent, then let us by all means attempt to structure BPEL processes
according to good software engineering practices, including being wary
of unstructured constructs.

-Ron

P.S. Does anybody remember computed GOTOs in Fortran IV? If gotos are
considered to be harmful, then the computed goto must be life-threatening!