Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Gotos Considered Harmful?

Carpenter, Robert E wrote:

>I think that the discussion of human translation of the business analyst's model into a BPEL model via the skeleton makes a lot of sense, but my questions are:
>
>(1) Does anyone have an example of a working translation process for other "higher order" BPR tool to/from BPEL ? An example would be SCOR level 3[or possibly SCOR level 4] <---->BPEL.
>
>(2) Does anyone know the "state of the art" around automated conversion between these two modeling paradigms - i.e. SCOR <---->BPEL ?

mm1: You may wish to investigate if SCOR is the preferred modeling
paradigms.  The Common Business Process Catalog Project, under UN/CEFACT
(now with TBG I believe), looked at SCOR, the Porter Value Chain and
others and proposed a hybrid model that was more in line with the
classification of web services. The project lead is Nita Shara,
nitas@bsil.com.  I have a very rough draft copy but not the final
paper.  The work was briefed at XML Europe.  Nita should be able to
provide the brief.

Thanks.