Subject: Last Minute Agenda Update for 07/23 Conference Call

Hello all,

Please accept my apologies for this last minute addition to the agenda
from Kevin Liu.  There are two additions in the Issues discussion marked
by "**".

Please contact me if you have any questions regarding these changes.

Note: I may have to drop off the call after 2.5 hrs to catch a plane.
Diane is back from vacation and will be on the call.

Sincerely,

JohnE

---------- WSBPEL AGENDA FOR 07/23/2003 -------

We have a WS BPEL TC conference call scheduled for Wednesday, July 23,
from
          08:00-11:00 Pacific time aka
          11:00-02:00 Eastern time aka
          15:00-18:00 UTC
          16:00-19:00 in Ireland and the UK
          17:00-20:00 in middle (most of) Europe

While we have allocated three hours for the call, I hope that we will be
able to wrap up in 2 hours or less.

USA Toll Free Number: 888-711-4576
USA Toll Number: +1-484-630-9377
LEADER: MS DIANE JORDAN
PASSCODE: WS BPEL TECHNICAL COMMITTEE
The passcode and the leader's name will be required to join the call.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the TC list
before the start of the conference call.

Note: URIs listed below may be wrapped across multiple lines.
--------

Agenda:

 1) Accept minutes from the last conference call

 2) Nomination/volunteer to take minutes for this call

 3) Administrivia
 - Past minutes are unavailable on the WSBPEL web site.
 - Email/document access problems?
 - Other issues?

 4) Requirements and Issues Coordination subgroup report

 There are 25 issues documented at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel-reqts/download.php/2
638/bpel_issues1.html.

 Priorities for reviewing and resolving these issues will be discussed
by one or more members of the Requirements and Issues Coordination
subgroup.

 **The leader of the Issues subgroup will go through the current list of
issues, and recruit champion(s) for each issue.

 **Kevin Liu volunteered to be the champion for issues 2 and 4.  Kevin
also suggested that we postpone the discussion of issue 4 until our next
call.

 A short report on plans vs. progress will be presented by a member of
the subgroup.  A member of the subgroup shall select and discuss no more
than four issues that have been identified.

 TC Members are encouraged to review the issues at
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel-reqts/download.php/2
638/bpel_issues1.html and be prepared to discuss them on the call.

 The purpose of the discussion is to brief the TC on the selected issues
in preparation for a vote on one or more proposed solutions (the vote
will be delayed until our next call if no solutions are available for
presentation to the TC).

 If no one volunteers to identify issues for discussion, the following
issues will be used:

 Issue 1: Permeability of Scopes

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel-reqts/download.php/2
638/bpel_issues1.html#Issue1

 Issue 2: Sub-Functions

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel-reqts/download.php/2
638/bpel_issues1.html#Issue2

 Issue 3: Current state influence in compensation handlers

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel-reqts/download.php/2
638/bpel_issues1.html#Issue3

 Issue 4: Dynamic parallel processing

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel-reqts/download.php/2
638/bpel_issues1.html#Issue4

 5) Use Cases subgroup report

 - Report on 07-21-2003 conference call
 - Review of Use Cases under consideration (see

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/download.php/2984/us
ecases.html )
 - Next steps

 6) Liaisons subgroup report
 - Rajesh Pradhan or an alternate member of the subgroup will report on
the status of Current and Requested Liaisons:

 - W3C Web Services Choreography WG (Greg Ritzinger)
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel-liaisons/download.ph
p/2644/WSBPEL%20Liaison%20Activities%20Nominations%20Ws%20Choreography.d
oc

 - BCM (David Webber)

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel-liaisons/download.ph
p/2641/WSBPEL_LiaisonActivitiesNominationsForm-BCM.doc

 - BPSS (Monica Martin)

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel-liaisons/download.ph
p/2869/WSBPEL_LiaisonActivitiesNominationsForm-BPSS_071303.doc

 - CEFACT BPWG (John Evdemon)

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel-liaisons/download.ph
p/2970/WSBPEL_LiaisonActivitiesNominationsForm-UNCEFACT_071503.doc

 7) Specification Editing subgroup report
 - Nothing to report at this time - it is assumed that this group will
be somewhat inactive until the Requirements and Issues Coordination
subgroup reviews and the TC approves possible enhancements to the spec.

 - A member of the Specification Editing may want to explain their
process for maintaining the specification.

 8) New Implementation subgroup
 - Based on TC discussions, it appears that a new Implementation should
be established
 - The Implementation subgroup focuses on BPEL representation within a
graphical (or non-graphical) environment
 - The Implementation subgroup offers vendors an opportunity to
demonstrate their products
 - Since presentation of WSBPEL is out of scope, most (if not all) of
the work performed by this group shall be non-normative.
 - Persons interested in leading an Implementation subgroup should
describe their qualifications, plans and interests in leading the
subgroup.

 9) Additional items/new business