Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Groups - usecases.html uploaded

John,

This is the weirdest set of "use cases" I've ever seen, or is it
only me?!?

There appears to be only one that might marginally be classified
as a use case.  The bulk seem to be technical issues, relating
to an abstract technology scenario / justification / behaviour
in edge conditions and boundary definition.

Meanwhile the SimplEB is a whole raft of use cases, and a
whole lot more besides!  The opposite problem - TMI - !!

Errrr.   Can we please not call these use cases as this is
completely misleading and confusing for people who
are actually looking for real use cases to examine.

I suggest we rename the use cases to

- Technology Boundary Behaviour Refinement

Here's some examples of what I'm used to seeing as
traditional use cases:

1) Two trading partners with a simple sequential set of
     business steps to order, ship, confirm delivery and
     report any problems.

2) Internal servers controlling a production line facility
     exchanging process control information and checking
    that production quotas / limits are fulfilled.

3) Stock purchase that requires audit control and ability
     to abort stock purchase within first thirty minutes.

Et al.

That way - those of us that are looking for use cases
and to catalogue same, and have some sample BPEL
scripts that relate to those, can have that, and this other
stuff that's going can then be distinguished as purely
IIS type work that the techies are doing.

Thanks, DW.
Message text written by INTERNET:jevdemon@microsoft.com
>The document usecases.html has been submitted by John Evdemon
(jevdemon@microsoft.com) to the Web Services Business Process Execution
Language TC document repository.

Document Description:
Use Cases document (from the link in the agenda for the 7/23 conf call).

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/download.php/2984/useca
ses.html
<