Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Comments on Event Handlers

Dieter Roller wrote:
> Ram,
>
> no, it is not possible; we haven't thought about this. If this function is
> desired, I think your proposal of adding a repeat attribute (which IMO only
> works for the for attribute) is the right way to go. All your other
> proposals look to complicated.

Thanks, Dieter. Using the repeat atribute may also necessitate relaxing the
current restriction that an alarm event be carried out at most once per
associated scope. Further, the alarm event should remain enabled until the
associated scope completes or until the timer expires, whichever occurs first.

This alarm setup can be extended further similar to any standard Timer service:

<onAlarm for="duration-expr"?
	until="deadline-expr"?
	repeat="duration-expr"?
	frequency="cardinal-expr"?>*
        	    Activity
</onAlarm>

For example,

<onAlarm for = 10secs, until = today@1PM, repeat = 5 secs, frequency = 100>
     myActivity
</onAlarm>

The repeat attribute specifies the delay duration for subsequent timer
triggers, after either the for or until time trigger completes, bounded by the
frequency cardinal.

Peter, i would like  to request a new issue "Setting up Periodic Alarms".
thanks for your help!