Subject: Re: FW: [wsbpel] Proposed resolution of Issue 39 - Inconsistent syntax for query attribute values in spec examples

i agree that if we're going to bother to fix the examples in the spec, we
should "go the distance" and include examples of both kinds.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Liu, Kevin" <kevin.liu@sap.com>
To: "'Ugo Corda'" <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>; <wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 12:06 PM
Subject: RE: FW: [wsbpel] Proposed resolution of Issue 39 - Inconsistent
syntax for query attribute values in spec examples

> Hi Ugo,
>
> You are right that BP 1.0 is only relevant for WSDL1.1 and is only focuses
on SOAP/HTTP binding.  I also agree that BPEL should not have the same
limitation, and our examples should be applicable to other bindings.

> But my point is that soap/http binding is the mostly used binding
(especially with the endorsement of BP1.0), and we should be careful not to
showing a strong preferences for RPC style in our examples

> My questions in the original message are still valid. If we decide to
continue to use wsdl1.1, we may need to open an issue to provide some
examples which use wsdl:part defined in xsd elements.

> Best Regards,
> Kevin

SOAP over HTTP. On the other hand, it seems that the original BPEL authors
had in mind a broad range of possible bindings (see for example the end of
section 10, where it talks about a possible non-XML EDI binding of a port
type).

> It might be time to raise a new issue regarding the intended scope of WSDL
bindings addressed by the spec.