Subject: Proposed agenda for Sept. 3 WS BPEL TC call

 The next WS BPEL TC call will be Wed. Sept. 3, 8am pacific/11am eastern/4pm UK/5pm Germany.   Call in info is (as usual):  USA   888-711-4576, Int'l +1-484-630-9377, Leader: Diane Jordan, Passcode WS BPEL Technical Committee.  The passcode and the leader's name will be required to join the call.

Proposed agenda:
- Roll call/determine quorum,
- Review/accept minutes from Aug. 20 meeting,
- Nomination/volunteers to take minutes for this call
- Review agenda
- Sept. face to face agenda:  Initial proposal with times added to help solidify our thinking.  Note, we need to get speakers committed for several of these items.
Day 1
   1- 1:30 Intro/admin
   1:30-3:30  Use cases
   3:30 – 5:30 Authors review goals document
Day 2
   8:30 – 10:00 Choreology team reviews BTM paper
   10:00 – 12:00  issues related to BTM paper (new and existing)
   1:00 – 2:00 Wrap up on BTM/related issues
   2:00 – 3:30  Issues related to another major topic (eg, Correlation)
   4:00 – 5:30 Issues related to another major topic (eg  compensation if not already covered in context of btm discussion or others)
   Evening “BoF”’s may be arranged if desired
Day 3
   8:30 – 9:00 Update from spec editing team
   9:00 – 10:00 Update from liaisons: WS Choreography and CEFACT BPWG
   10:00 - 11:00 Discuss work plan and milestones
   11:00 – 12:00  Wrap up – summary, actions items, etc.
Additional topics we may want to include:
   Implementations – topics of interest led by those involved in implementing

- Use case subgroup report
- Liaison subgroup report - no new news that I know of.  We'll be asking the liaisons to give reports at the f2f.
- Requirements and Issues Coordination subgroup report.  Discuss categorization of issues.
- Issue discussion candidates (depending on readiness of champions):
Issue 11 followup: we want to decide the direction for solution.  There hasn’t been much email traffic on this since last week’s meeting.   It may mean there are too many folks on vacation this week – if so, we’ll defer decision from the TC call on 9/3 to a web ballot to allow everyone enough review time.
Issue 23:   proposed rewording from Kartha/Bernd will be circulated for review prior to the call next week.
Issue 42: Sid’s request to cover formalism will be on the agenda if the authors are back and ready to discuss.  Otherwise we'll defer.
Issues 25 and 52 if appropriate folks are available to provide summary/proposed solution.
Choreology team may give a short overview of the new BTM related issues that have been opened and the connections to the existing issues as a “send ahead” for the proposed discussion at the f2f.
 We should plan to limit discussion time to about 15 min/issue.
- Specification Editing subgroup report
 - Implementation subgroup report - hopefully this group will be established and we can ask for interested members to sign up.
- New business

Regards, Diane
IBM  Dynamic e-business Technologies
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123