Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 53 - Should include Business Transaction Management (BTM) programming constructs compatible with WS-T, BTP and WS-TXM]

Mark,

I think that is too narrow a view.

As a short term band-aid - just tracking the BPEL context will
work - same as WS-CAF is doing too.   And that is fine if that
is all you care about.

However - for eBusiness orchestration you have to know the
complete ebusiness context - because that can effect your
execution path downstream or upstream from where you are
at that instant.

That's why the BCM Choice Point approach is providing that
ability to do more than just a "thread ID" and status style
approach.

Anyway - you can either resolve this with a short-term BPEL
only technique - or you can look beyond that to the bigger
picture.

Thanks, DW.
Message text written by "Mark Little"

I agree, but I think it's too early (aka wrong) to try to define how the
context will be propagated (or at least to mandate it). I think defining a
BPEL context element is fine - we should be able to provide an element that
can be carried in a manner defined by whatever BPEL is layered on (e.g.,
WS-C or WS-Context, or WS-...) because at the level of BPEL we aren't
interested in anything other than the BPEL specific context component.

Mark.
<