Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 53 - Should include Business Transaction Management (BTM) programming constructs compatible with WS-T, BTP and WS-TXM

> Alastair / Mark,
>
> The OASIS BCM team has already made a big start in this area,
> and created a sub-team to focus on the business needs and
> define the technology approach to this.
>
> The latest PPT giving an overview is now available here:

http://dfas.info/navigation/content.asp?document=%2FCMS%2Fdocuments%2FBCM%2E
ChoicePoint%2EIntroduction%2E2003%2D08%2D19a%2Eppt

> And we are looking to work on the technical implementation
> details next and invite folks in this vendor space to
> participate.  There's already a raft of vendors with
> products out there - and not necessarily OASIS participants
> yet - that it would be excellent to have work on this.
>
> No sense on us completely re-inventing the wheel here.

Yes, I agree. I definitely need to look at the BCM stuff, but I'd suggest
you look at WS-Context too, since that effort was based on user requirements
and implementations too. Hopefully there's some commonality in both
approaches that would allow some merging of work at a later stage.

Thanks,

Mark.