Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Q: process priority?

Danny & Edwin,
I appreciate the notion of the similarity with OS and process.  However,
that is not what I had in mind.  In a distributed collaborative environment
were internal behavior is exposed; environmental attributes, such as the
capability to prioritize, come in handy.  In the case of BPEL, the partners
can gain insight as to the priority afforded them in a collaboration
execution and may choose the ones that meet certain criteria.  This
determination is possible even in the simpler case of bi-party
collaboration were perhaps one partner has similar processes offered with
different execution priorities.

This feature will cut across layers (i.e. application, platform,
programming language, OS and hardware).  A “deployment descriptor”, at
least in this context, is at best platform specific - whereas BPEL in not.

---
Sid.