Subject: Fw: [chairs] OASIS Media Relations

Please keep this in mind.

Regards, Diane
IBM  Dynamic e-business Technologies
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123

----- Forwarded by Diane Jordan/Raleigh/IBM on 09/05/2003 02:15 PM -----
"Carol Geyer" <carol.geyer@oasis-open.org>

09/05/2003 02:00 PM
Please respond to carol.geyer

        To:        "TC chairs" <chairs@lists.oasis-open.org>
        cc:        "Patrick Gannon" <patrick.gannon@oasis-open.org>, "Karl Best" <karl.best@oasis-open.org>, "Jamie Clark" <jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>
        Subject:        [chairs] OASIS Media Relations

OASIS TC chairs:
Please take a moment to review the "OASIS TC Guidelines for Promoting
Your Work" and the "OASIS Media Relations Guidelines" and ask the
members of your TC (and their PR representatives) to review these
documents as well.
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/guidelines.php#promoting
http://www.oasis-open.org/news/media_relations_policy.php

It's very important that all OASIS members are aware of the proper
methods and opportunities for promoting their work within the
Consortium.

We're more than happy to have members endorse or announce support for
OASIS activities, provided they are accurate and have already been made
public on the OASIS web site and/or through an OASIS press release.
Notify your TC members that any company press release referencing OASIS
work must be sent to me for review prior to distribution.

Inform me of any press inquiries you receive in your role as OASIS TC
chair, as well as any requests from your TC members to provide quotes or
approve press releases.

Please appreciate that my concerns go beyond issues of courtesy or turf.
Company press releases that mention OASIS TCs result in editors and
analysts contacting me with questions. When I am aware of member
releases prior to distribution, I am naturally in a better position to
respond positively and intelligently.

Also, be assured that I will not approve any press releases related to
your OASIS TC without your review and approval as TC chair.

Thanks for your help,
Carol

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications