Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Input and Input/output

It would be good to investigate where WSDL 1.2 is in this respect --
that would give us useful guidance in what we decide to do.

-----Original Message-----
From: Yaron Goland [mailto:ygoland@bea.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 11:19 AM
To: edwink@collaxa.com; 'Wsbpel@Lists. Oasis-Open. Org (E-mail)'

If someone where to feed a BPEL engine a BPEL process definition that
included a WSDL definition that included a output or output/input
operation
the BPEL engine would reject the process.

The reason being, as you point out, that output and output/input aren't
needed by BPEL as they are handled implicitly by partnerLinkType in the
manner you describe.

However, the WSDL 1.1 standard does include output and output/input
operations and a user familiar with the standard would reasonably expect
that BPEL would support these operation types. Given that we do not
(which,
btw, not only makes sense but also is consistent with industry practice)
it
would seem reasonable to have some text in the standard which points the
situation out and explains it.

What I'm trying to figure out is if that language is already in the spec
or
if we need to open an issue to have it added.

	Thanks,