Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Q: guidelines for reliability?

Title: Message
Conceptually cpa is interesting, but does it actually work with wsdl based web services?
Also don't both parties need to have a CPA defintion? If so, isn't this a huge overkill for the simple clients invoking a bpel process?
Surely all that is needed in this case is a very simple "requires/supports" type mechnism advertised by the process (or wsdl), found in ejb,  and not a complicated negotiation process.

Martin.
-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Ten-Hove [mailto:Ronald.Ten-Hove@Sun.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 4:12 PM
To: David RR Webber - XML ebusiness
Cc: Martin Chapman; wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org; 'LI Yanming / FTR&D / US'

David,

    I like it. Those loosely-coupled specs in the ebXML suite certainly enhance reusability -- something we should keep in mind in our efforts here.

    BPSS includes some simple mechanisms to specify QoS, in a fashion similar to what I sketched below. Perhaps we can do a little borrowing, point at CPP/A in a non-normative way, and we can declare victory. :-)

Cheers,
-Ron

David RR Webber - XML ebusiness wrote:
Ron,

EXACTLY!  This problem has already been solved by the CPA team!!

Why re-invent this?   The partner role stuff in BPEL is weak compared
to CPA - so makes sense to upgrade here.

Using your CPA you can point at the BPEL process and specify the
QoS in the CPA.  I've also very successfully templated this for
CPA - so that the delivery options and combinations are simply
drag-and-drop options within the CPA wizard UI.

Makes sense for us to liaise with the CPA team to ensure that
a CPA can define BPEL processing adequately.

Looking at it they already have the means provided to point at
a BPEL script.  The BPEL engine may need to query the CPA to
determine lowerlevel functionality - and that we may need to
ensure there are the right "slots" for within the CPA schema.

Probably an excellent exercise to go thru anyway - to quantify the
details that are relevant for BPEL.

Thanks, DW.
Message text written by Ron Ten-Hove

These could be used by the deployer when selecting or creating the
appropriate bindings for the abstract operation "acceptPayment".

This still wouldn't help the interoperability problem -- two deployers
for two different engines that must interoperate must "exchange notes"
to assure compatible bindings are chosen. This starts to become a very
CPA-like exercise.

-Ron
<