Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue - 63 - Support of Array

Hi Edwin, I'm fine.  How about you ?

Comment/Question #2:
>I am not sure I understand your separation between document structure
>constructs and language constructs: let's imagine that I have a purchase
>order business document which includes a set of line items and I want to
>iterate through each line item and process it. It seems that in that case
>given that the line items would not be defined in the BPEL script as an
>array, it would not be able to benefit from the iteration construct you are
>proposing to introduce.

In this case, XSD is the right way because it is the order itself contains
multiple line items.  This is part of the document structure and no extra
complex type need to be created.

Compare this with the other case where the seller need to handle multiple
purchase orders.  Now without array support in BPEL, you need to create a
new complex type to represent multiple purchase order.

>My point here is that for BPEL and BPEL developers to really benefit from
>array and iteration constructs, it requires XML schema to first add support
>for it.

XSD in its current form is good enough to describe the structure of "a
document".  I'm not asking for XSD extension to describe "an array of
document".

Rgds, Ricky