Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 64 - Explicit declaration of process instantiation

Dieter,

I've been patiently following along here.

One another possiblity is to externally manage this
"linking and switching" - using the OASIS BCM spec' on
Choice Points.

Since this stuff gets potentially gets pretty involved - you need
to track the context, the context parameters, the rules and
current state by instance - why not "outsource" this to a
separate facility that is designed to do all that?

Also - I'm not seeing this as an "urgent" feature - its something
that tastes and smells of a V2.0 enhancement.  That said - I think
taking the time to work with the BCM folks and get this right -
rather than a quick fix - is probably the best path?

Thanks, DW.
Message text written by "Dieter Roller"

Ricky,

I'm not sure that I understand how you want to solve the multiple start
activities.

In Method 1 the actual representation of the business process, which says
upon receipt of either message the business process is started, is gone.
What we end up is with a physical representation of two different views of
the same process. Any change to the real process must then be propagated
down to the  two physcial representations of the process. I think this is
hard to comprehend as a mental model.

In Method2 I'm not sure that I understand what causes a process instance to
be created.

Cheers,

dieter<