Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue - 63 - Support of Array

Ricky,

My point is that you should NOT be trying to do this stuff inside
the BPEL engine.

My code is even simpler than yours:

<perform call="bpel:URL-to-do-it" context="bcm:threadID"
result="bpel:here"/>

There's two separate functions - there's the BP engine - and there is
the Transaction Handling engine IMHO.  If you need to understand
the context of the transaction (why else is the BPEL engine looking
in there, eh?) - then you need a separate mechanism for that - and
that is the third piece - and Choice Points mechanism handles that
comprehensively.

I've said before - no sane manager is going to buy a BP engine
that can modify transactions.  What kind of a security nightmare
is that?

DW.
Message text written by Ricky Ho

David,

Do you disagree the two code sample in my previous response that the one
without Array support is more complicated ?

Or you disagree that the simplification justify the introduction of Array
in BPEL ?

Are we trying to make BPEL simpler for the vendor to implement their
product ? or are we trying to give a richer construct for the user to model

their business process ?  Is this debate similar to another issue about why

we still need construct like <sequence>, <switch>, given that everything
can be model using <flow> ?

Rgds,
Ricky
<