Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Liaison Activity - WAS: [wsbpel] CEFACT Liaison Review

The term  observer doesn't apply in this context.  Anyone acting as liaison for our TC must be a member of our TC and should also be a member of the other group.

Any liaison must be approved (or rejected) by the full TC.   So far we have approved liaisons with W3C Choreography and CEFACT BPWG and discussed several others as possibilities.   Members of the TC who believe liaisons with other groups are appropriate should bring those suggestions to the TC for consideration.  The TC will decide whether they are appropriate.  There is no definition of "normative" that I've seen.  I trust we will all use good sense and only suggest liaisons with relevant groups.

The liaison relationships that have been established are expressly to ensure communications between the groups.   Any further action that the liaison wishes to see occur with a group must be brought to the full TC for consideration.  This would include many of those activities you describe.

As I indicated in my note yesterday, the TC was made aware of  the CEFACT BCF work both via email and in discussion at the meeting prior to the vote which resulted in establishing a liaison.
You might be interested in reviewing the Oasis process for liaisons: (Sorry, can't seem to find a link to it.)

Regards, Diane
IBM  Dynamic e-business Technologies
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123

Sid Askary <saskary@nuperus.com>

09/22/2003 09:25 PM