Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Groups - 2003-09-18.BTM.BPEL.syntax.summary.ppt uploaded

Peter,

OK -some clarification.  I'm thinking along the lines of CPA - where you
specify the
business functional interchange and the formats you are going to use.

So a transaction is a business functional information exchange (not a simple
"message").

Reading further into your reply - seems to me you could be re-inventing the
CPA in
a big way?!?  And just extending it to multi-party.   It also seems like the
multi-party work within BPSS - where you provide the big picture of the
flows
and interactions.  If this is what you want - outline of a collaboration in
steps
and actions between participants and their roles - then I suggest that
CPA/BPSS covers this off - and then you use BPEL to implement
the specifics of those interchanges at each of the "steps" and "actions"
that
the business model is defining - by calling out to the BPEL script.

The threadID - BTW - is a classic means in EDI and B2B to just know
which process instance you are actually partaking in, and also of course
to check the synchronization and current state of the process thread.

Thanks, DW.

- Purchase Order