Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue 36 - Multiple instances of event handler

This is why I said "I hate to do this but .. "  :-)

So, onMessage and onAlarm for both pick and event handlers, and onFault
for fault handlers is OK with me as well.

Satish

-----Original Message-----
From: Assaf Arkin [mailto:arkin@intalio.com]
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 12:29 PM
To: Satish Thatte
Cc: edwink@collaxa.com; wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org

I would not mind covering these changes under issue 36, since we already

discusses them in this thread.

I also like onFault better than catch, but I don't understand the reason

to have onMessage in pick and onEvent in fault handler. Would we still
call a time-event onAlarm in both cases?

arkin

Satish Thatte wrote:

>I see.  Your reasons are good.  This and catch would otherwise be the
>only two places where variables are declared with types implicitly
>inferred from WSDL.  Just as in the case of the createInstance and
>correlation initiation attributes, extra annotation is good for static
>checking and readability.  I would then require the type in catch
>handlers as well for the same reasons.
>
>I disagree that this can be done for inputVariable etc since those
>variables are not local to an invoke/receive.
>
>I hate to do this but I have to say I like the idea of
>
>A.  Changing onMessage to onEvent in event handlers
>B.  Changing catch to onFault in fault handlers
>
>I would encourage you to open a new issue unless Assaf wants to fold
>this into his proposal.
>
>Satish

inconsistency.