Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue 47 and WS-I BP 1.0

1- Would BP 1.0 be restricting BPEL to the point that some of BPEL's functionality would not be available?
[Eckenfels. Bernd] Well I dont think it is a problem for BPEL functionality (besides messages with primitive type parts for variables), but there are some limitations which would limit communication with external services which use other binding styles and types. e.g. http get is not allowed.

We can do something like "web services provided by BPEL engines must conform to WS-I BP, the engine is however free to implement additional bindings to access legacy web services.

"Legacy Web Services" - gee  :)

Greetings
Bernd