Subject: Re: [wsbpel] policy annotations and BPEL

Ugo Corda wrote:
I remember from previous discussions that a common assumption is that most likely the analyst will work neither at the WSDL level nor at the BPEL language level, but at an abstract notation level (BPMN and similar tools). So whether the high level tool translates policies down to the WSDL level or to the BPEL level might not be that important for the analyst.
    I too remember those discussions. Your point is well taken; doubtless a richer model of the process and the surrounding services will be maintained by such tools, but in a non-standard, non-portable way. I am concentrating on what bare BPEL / WSDL can support, especially in terms of portability and interoperability (not much point in having a standard otherwise, eh? :-)

Cheers,
-Ron