Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue - 72 - Some proposals

Thanks Peter for putting together a good summary. It really helps sort out confusions around this issue.

Below is my take on the stated options:

A (with Ugo's amendment) -  1.
B - 3
C - 2
D - Since there is no option like E2, I am inclined to 2. The Basic Profile has the strong potential to become the industry's common denominator for application interoperability through Web services. It's basically just XSD+SOAP+HTTP, I don't see it a common case that a bpel engine doesn't support such a minimum functionality.
E - 2

Best Regards,
Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Furniss, Peter [mailto:Peter.Furniss@choreology.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 9:34 AM
To: Ugo Corda; wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org

Ugo,

Thanks - I had hoped there were no known limitations imposed by BP 1.0,
which would indeed make my A options collapse. However, it was partly a
question of giving ourselves guidance for our own future, if we find
that there is such. But since we don't think it can happen, crossing
that bridge when we come to it would be fine.  Your A.1 states things
well.

I take it the proposed resolution of issue 46 (which you mentioned in
some of the 47/72 discussion) follows your A.1 rule.

Peter