Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue - 72 - Proposal to vote

I would not be comfortable voting for this proposed resolution without a
detailed definition of what point A means. I know UGO pointed out some
sections and if you believe those sections are a complete list then they
should be directly included in the motion.

Just to give an example, R2011 specifies that one can only import XML
schemas defined using XML 1.0. Well if XML 1.1 or XML 2.0 or whatever comes
out and I want to use it then I will use it and the BPEL standard has
absolutely no business telling me otherwise. It's one thing to say 'thou
shalt minimally support 1.0' it is a whole other thing to say 'thou shalt
ONLY support 1.0 and nothing else'. The later requirement is inappropriate
for BPEL and unfortunately many of the BP requirements are written in that
format.

I'm happy having us establish a relationship with BP but we will need text
to make it clear that BP is a minimum, not a maximum and therefore we are
implementing its requirements in a manner that is not wholly consistent with
the manner in which those requirements are stated.

Or in English, BP may say 'thou shalt only do' but to us this means 'that
should at least do'.

		Yaron

P.S. It should give us all pause for thought that in order to use BP we
effectively have to re-write it's requirements. That doesn't strike me as a
good thing and seems like something we should communicate back to WS-I.

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/members/leave_workgroup.
php.