Subject: TC conference calls start time

As discussed on our last call, the move from daylight savings time in the
US (and other countries) has resulted in the WS BPEL TC conference call
start time moving an hour later for those who do not observe daylight
savings.  In particular, in Japan it now starts at 1am.   A member has
asked us to consider a change to either an hour earlier or 4 hours later.
We also have members in AEST which is an hour later - or 2 am (if I've got
the addition right).   If we start an hour earlier it provides some releif
but is 7am for the west coast where we have many members.  On the other
hand a call at 12 noon pacific time would be better for both JST and AEST
but it is 10pm or thereabouts for the European folks (depending on exact
time zone).   We have a substantial number of European (including UK)
members.  You may  recall that we held a ballot to see how many folks were
effected by the extreme cases.  You can view the results of that here:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/ballot_archive.php
In one of our first meetings, we discussed the desirability of keeping the
calls at the same time, rather than alternating to share the discomfort,
to simplify calendar management.   If we want to continue this approach,
any change would be effective for a few months at least.

We can do a straw poll on changing the time for the call if that seems
appropriate.  I thought I'd start an email thread to see what folks think
and  if anyone has a better idea.

Regards, Diane
IBM  Dynamic e-business Technologies
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123