Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue - 2- requirements for a sub function solution

Maybe I don't understand this issue at all, please help me out:

1. I think we are talking about sub-processes in the context of reuse, and I
think your email reiterated that.

2. The two obvious choices for reuse are:
(a) inline textual reuse, which some people have suggested tools can help;
(b) another BPEL process

3. Why don't I think there is an in between ground? Because if you want to
do useful work in the sub-process, that implies a coordinated shift of
state, a.k.a. subject to transactional control, which drags in all the
handlers. Then you are just a short hop from a full BPEL process.

Please show me how useful (transactional) work can be done, with
reusability, that isn't one of the above 2 choices.

For me, this issue isn't so much about philosophy of programming languages
(although that is an interesting area, and I was co-author of a programming
language while at Motorola); the issue is instead a practical one of how to
accomplish useful work in a sub-process.

++Harvey