Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 2- requirements for a sub function solution

Harvey Reed wrote:

>Maybe I don't understand this issue at all, please help me out:
>
>1. I think we are talking about sub-processes in the context of reuse, and I
>think your email reiterated that.
>
>2. The two obvious choices for reuse are:
>(a) inline textual reuse, which some people have suggested tools can help;
>(b) another BPEL process
>
>3. Why don't I think there is an in between ground? Because if you want to
>do useful work in the sub-process, that implies a coordinated shift of
>state, a.k.a. subject to transactional control, which drags in all the
>handlers. Then you are just a short hop from a full BPEL process.

mm1: Harvey, I would suggest we look to our available TC processes to
help solve this question. We have several technical preferences afoot,
although (in line with what has started to become the obvious), I
believe we need to evolve examples and even develop use cases here to
understand the business and technical application and usage of the
preferences being discussed.  Perhaps we take one case and line out
examples where the different preferences are applied and go from there.
We have processes in this TC why not use them.......