Subject: Issue - 72 - Proposal to vote (hopefully the final text)

Following the discussion at today's meeting, I think the following is
most widely acceptable:

Proposed resolution:
Given that the scope of BP is confined to the specifications it
references, and that BPEL is of wider application:

a) In developing the BPEL language, where reference is made to
specifications that are in BP 1.0 scope,  the BP 1.0 requirements will
normally be followed.

b) Where use-cases and use-case artifacts are in BP 1.0 scope (i.e.
using
referenced specifications) they will be BP 1.0 compliant, if possible.

c) All BPEL implementations SHOULD be configurable such that they can
participate in BP1.0 compliant interactions. A BPEL implementation MAY
allow the BP 1.0 configuration to be disabled, even for scenarios
encompassed by BP 1.0.

On c), the last comment (not certain who from) on the call was to delete
the
second sentence, but from other comments I think the general feeling was
that
the longer form clearer.

Peter

Peter Furniss
Chief Scientist, Choreology Ltd

   Cohesions 1.0 (TM)
   Business transaction management software for application coordination

web: http://www.choreology.com
email:  peter.furniss@choreology.com
phone:  +44 870 739 0066  <-- new, from 4 August 2003
mobile: +44 7951 536168