Subject: Re: [wsbpel] The sad tail of obtaining licenses for BPEL4WS 1.1mailto:eduardo.gutentag@oasis-open.org

Hi Ugo,

like many small companies and some big ones too we are interested in
getting product out based on BPEL4WS1.1. Let's call it a teaser for the
real thing. We rely, as a smaller company, on being fleet of foot. Alas
the problems with licensing BPEL4WS1.1 so that we are in the clear (and
when you are small this is so very important) reduce our ability to be
fleet of foot. Our customers, having been aware of the licensing
problems in the TC, are unwilling to try the stuff unless we shoulder
the license burden. Given we cannot even get this sorted out it
difficult to build a business around BPEL until the mess is cleared up.

All very depressing ....

Cheers

Steve T