Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue - 88 - Import Errata

> What happens if an engine chooses not to honor the import?
> The current text of the BPEL spec states that the BPEL engine
> is not required to import the files it is pointed at.

 I don't think that not importing the files necessarily implies that the import is not honored.

The original statement in the resolution of Issue 7 was:

"A <bpel:import> location element will be interpreted as a hint for BPEL processors. In particular, processors are not required to retrieve the imported document from the specified location".

So it only says that the location information is a hint (but the import statement could still be satisfied by other means).

The statement appearing in the latest draft is more ambiguous:

"The presence of an <import> element should be interpreted as a hint to the BPEL4WS processor. In particular, processors are not required to retrieve the imported document from the location specified on the <import> element".

Now it is saying that the <import> element itself is a hint. Not sure what exactly that means.

Ugo