Subject: Re: [wsbpel] BPEL licensing - deja vue / resolution

+1

If you do it and succeed I shall be smiling in the UK.

Cheers

Steve T

On 5 Dec 2003, at 15:10, David RR Webber wrote:

> Folks,
>
> My thought of the day is that I have been here
> done all this before. Only last time it was Borland
> that provided the means to break the impasse.
>
> Remember when the legal world was frozen into
> thinking that software users had to sign-off on a
> twenty page+ licensing agreement?
>
> And then Borland came out with its no nosense
> approach that printed on to the back of the
> envelope the disks came in?
>
> We've also all seen this from NDA doc's that
> are impossible to sign - but people have
> sensible, legible and concise two or three
> pagers of those now too.
>
> My suggestion is that you take matters into
> your own hands at the F2F.  Sit down around
> a laptop and edit together a concise licensing
> agreement that looks good to you - take all five
> mega-doc's - consolidate, delete, and fixup.
>
> Then as a group of contributors to the TC you
> will have what you think is a fair and reasonable
> license to use.
>
> As I see it the bottom line is that either the
> original contributors follow through on their
> intent on bringing BPEL into OASIS, and
> benefiting from all the hard work the TC is doing
> on making the specifications workable, or
> it ends here as a specification only they can use.
>
> Hope you have a productive time in Florida.
>
> DW

This email is confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient,  please do not copy or disclose its content but  delete the email and contact the sender immediately. Whilst we run antivirus software on all internet emails we are not liable for any loss or damage. The recipient is advised to run their own antivirus software.