Subject: RE: [wsbpel] process coordination ideas - counter-proposal

Satish,

Thanks for the second version - helps considerably.  I'm also looking
forward to our time in Melbourne :-). Couple of thoughts in the mean
time:

I agree one can get the same effect with application-specific messages -
and indeed that the work actually done in each circumstance would be the
same.  However, it does mean that the invoking process has to know what
operations are on the subordinate process that variously produce cancel,
confirm and "compensate" [1]. If we could delegate to a coordination
mechanism, we can increase the encapsulation provided by the subordinate
process.  (though certainly there will be cases where some element of
application information creeps back in again on the c* messages)

As I've been arguing elsewhere, I believe the various coordination
specifications overlap very closely when the focus narrows to a
two-party relationship. The differences mostly come down to what
everyone else involved is doing.

See you on Tuesday.

Peter

(apologies to anyone getting this twice - for some reason my mailer
decided to try sending it through the wrong
account and OASIS bounced it)