Subject: Updated paper: Workflow is just a Pi Process

Folks,

Based on extensive feedback, an updated version of the paper has been published at bptrends.com:

http://www.bptrends.com/deliver_file.cfm?fileType=publication&fileName=01%2D04%20Workflow%20is%20just%20a%20Pi%20Process%20Smith%2DFingar%2Epdf

Other recent papers that might help our BPM efforts are:

Love Affair with Web Services Waning?
http://www.ebizq.net/hot_topics/bpm/features/3520.html
(which points to an excellent new, but mis-named, book)

A comprehensive paper covering the relationship of SOA and POA, and WS and BPMS
is also being prepared to follow this article. Peter Fingar and I welcome any inputs to this
and wish to enter into discussion with anyone who has a viewpoint.

fyi Peter and I have also started a monthly column at bptrends:

http://www.bptrends.com/publicationfiles/01%2D04%20COL%20Third%20Wave%20Smith%2DFingar%2Epdf

Happy new year to all.

Howard