Subject: Re: [wsbpel] endpoint references

Martin,

    This is an instance of issue 34, for which I am champion.

    I asked OASIS management (in August) to help us, with a statement of policy concerning the incorporation of proprietary specifications in OASIS specifications. I have yet to receive an answer (this type of policy must be crafted with due care), but it seems reasonable to assume that proprietary specifications that aren't already de facto standards will be excluded from OASIS standards. This means that references to non-standard materials, such as those you mentioned, will need to be removed as part of the resolution of issue 34.

    WS-Addressing is the only proprietary spec that I'm aware of that BPEL takes a direct dependency on (which in turn depends on WS-Policy, which sucks in a herd of other WS- specs, most of which are proprietary, many of which cannot even be licensed!) We should certainly avoid adding new references to such specs, for we will likely have to remove them before we are done with BPEL.

Cheers,
-Ron

Martin Chapman wrote:
This raises a question. Since we agreed to remove references and
dependancies to
non-standard material such as ws-t and ws-c we should also remove references
ws-addressing, and leave snippets like below to extensions.

Martin.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eckenfels. Bernd [mailto:B.Eckenfels@seeburger.de]
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 3:02 PM
To: wsbpel-dev@yahoogroups.com; wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsbpel] endpoint references

Hello,

has anybody a valid bpel snippet, which uses an assign from a
fixed endpoint reference to a partnerLink and then invokes
that dynamically defined endpoint? I am curious on the
typical usage for that feature of BPEL.

I guess t he from looks something like:

<sequence>
  <assign>
  <from>
    <wsa:EndpointReference>
      <wsa:Address>http://www.newurl.com/</wsa:Address>
    </wsa:EndpointReference>
  </from>
  <to partnerLink="supplier" />
  </assign>
  <invoke partnerLink="supplier" ... />
</sequence>

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Bernd Eckenfels
Chief Architect
--
SEEBURGER AG - Edisonstr.1 , D-75015 Bretten, Germany
Fax: +49 (0)7252 96-2400 - Phone: +49 (0)7252 96-1256

mailto:b.eckenfels@seeburger.de - http://www.seeburger.de

OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/members/leave_workgroup.
php.