Subject: [ws-bpel] 2/15/2004: Issues Resolve 4 Feb 2004 Teleconference

Diane,
In pushing to close issues we seem to be missing some of the inherent
problems that may still exist and have been part of the previous
discussion [1] or are lacking complete resolve with the originators.

Issue 22
For example, in Implicit sequence <macro>, the inconsistency of
shortcuts and their impacts was raised here. Closing the issue does not
resolve this potential inconsistency in the specification nor the
possibility of inconsistent use of shortcuts.

Reference:

       1. http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/wsbpel/200306/msg00067.html
       2. http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/wsbpel/200306/msg00082.html
       3. http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/wsbpel/200306/msg00085.html
          (Recommend fault handler shortcut be removed)

Issue 40
Peter Furniss still seemed to have open questions even during the vote
in the 4 Feb call.

Issue 5
We still may have the need for and could provide sufficient definition
around suspend/resume. Closing this issue recommends it is not an issue.
It is. Whether we address it in this version or a later one is perhaps
the question. This has been raised in the requirements-issues group. I
am raising it again. If an issue should be addressed but not in this
version, how do we capture that information.

Issue 19
Same comment as 5. What if collisions occur? Suggest some errata or a
mechanism to capture unfulfilled requirements or open items deemed
outside of the scope of next version.

Issue 35
Same general comment on closing because it is too hard for now. Even
Assaf, in his 18 Dec 2003 posting, acknowledged there may not be
sufficient bandwidth or interest in addressing near-term. That may not
alleviate a longer-term item to address.

Thank you.

[1] Please forgive me as I was traveling and unable to attend 4 Feb 2004
call.