Subject: Issue 11 - Call for Discussion

maybe people are as tired of discussing issue 11 as I am, but if it stays
this quiet, I may just have to put up a proposal for vote.  Here's the
current proposal, which includes additions inspired by Glenn Mi.

under the <assign> element, there will be 6 possible
elements, where now there is only 1.

<copy>
  <from/>
  <to/>
</copy>
as current.
-----------------------------
<insertBefore>
  <from/>
  <to select="XPath Expression evaluates to one node"/>
</insertBefore>

creates a sibling before the select expression
-----------------------------
<insertAfter>
  <from/>
  <to select="XPath Expression evaluates to one node"/>
</insertAfter>

creates a sibling after the select expression
-----------------------------
<append>
  <from/>
  <to select="XPath Expression evaluates to one node"
        child="integer XPath expression"? />
<append>

creates a child of select expression at the child-th position.  child
defaults to last().
<remove select="XPath expression evaluates to one node"?>

removes a node