Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue 11 - Call for Discussion

Could this handle attribute assignment as well?

For example

<assign>
	<append>
		<from expression="'my value'"/>
		<to variable="myVariable"
			select="/ns:myElement/@ns:myAttribute"/>
	</append>
</assign>

For attributes, you rarely want to use positioned inserts, though, and most
of the times you simply want to "set" an attribute regardless if the
attribute node is there or not.

Kristofer

-----Original Message-----
From: Danny van der Rijn [mailto:dannyv@tibco.com]
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 1:29 PM
To: 'Wsbpel@Lists. Oasis-Open. Org (E-mail)'
Subject: [wsbpel] Issue 11 - Call for Discussion

maybe people are as tired of discussing issue 11 as I am, but if it stays
this quiet, I may just have to put up a proposal for vote.  Here's the
current proposal, which includes additions inspired by Glenn Mi.

under the <assign> element, there will be 6 possible
elements, where now there is only 1.

<copy>
  <from/>
  <to/>
</copy>
as current.
-----------------------------
<insertBefore>
  <from/>
  <to select="XPath Expression evaluates to one node"/>
</insertBefore>

creates a sibling before the select expression
-----------------------------
<insertAfter>
  <from/>
  <to select="XPath Expression evaluates to one node"/>
</insertAfter>

creates a sibling after the select expression
-----------------------------
<append>
  <from/>
  <to select="XPath Expression evaluates to one node"
        child="integer XPath expression"? />
<append>

creates a child of select expression at the child-th position.  child
defaults to last().
<remove select="XPath expression evaluates to one node"?>

removes a node