Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue 103 - Good Idea!

I imagine that expression= is as relevant to "to" as to "from" ..

 -----Original Message-----
From: Maciej Szefler [mailto:mbs@fivesight.com]
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 8:47 AM
To: Dieter Roller; Satish Thatte
Cc: Alex Yiu; Assaf Arkin; wsbpeltc; ygoland@bea.com

I haven't followed this discussion too closely, but am I correct in
inferring that if these suggestion were adopted, we could eliminate most

of the from-specs in the assign activity? Could we normalize assignment
the following

   <copy>
      <to variable="msgVar"/>
      <from expression="$otherMsgVar"/>
   </copy>

could be used to assign a message variable.

   <copy>
      <to variable="simpleTypeVar"/>
      <from expression="$msgVar/msg/simplePart"/>
   </copy>

   <copy>
      <to variable="simpleTypeVar"/>
      <from expression="$otherSimpleTypeVar"/>
   </copy>

could be used to assign a simple variable

   <copy>
      <to variable="elementVar"/>
      <from expression="$msgVar/msg/elementPartType"/>
   </copy>
   <copy>
      <to variable="elementVar"/>
      <from expression="$otherElementVar"/>
   </copy>

could be used to assign an element variable.

-maciej

<arkin@intalio.com>,
<alex.yiu@oracle.com>
>              AM

> cc
>                                        "wsbpeltc"
>                                        <wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>,
>                                        <ygoland@bea.com>

Subject
>                                        RE: [wsbpel] Issue 103 - Good
> Idea!
>

> I am having trouble keeping up with this fast moving discussion.  I am
> hoping that you will reach an agreement and then educate the mere
> mortals among us on what the consensus proposal is ..
>
> Satish

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/members/leave_workgr
oup.php

--
Maciej Szefler [mbs(a)fivesight.com] [+1-312-432-0556x226]